Build your own acceptance before your customers accept your products or services.
Sales, Marketing & Business experts have been dying hard to create – recreate, position – reposition their products & services to convince customers by communicating benefits. Marketeers have sleepless nights using different methodologies, strategies and techniques to influence customers to gain and retain market shares yet they struggle to create the desired level of acceptance by their customers. Sales mantra of communicating benefits and not features of the products and services, is not just sufficient to win confidence of their customers.
Demonetisation of currency in India is the biggest ever service sold to 133 Billion citizens without communicating its clear benefits. At macro level people were told it is a step towards controlling terrorism, corruption & circulation of fake currency. At micro level most of the people didn’t know how is it going to improve their lives. People lost lives, jobs and business opportunities, they starved and spent long hours in standing queues for converting their currency without any significant protests. Not many of them even supported the protests raised by opposition parties.
In the times of data & analytics people have supported the whole idea of demonetisation on an assumption that it would do something good to them, when & how no one knew. Large size of the Indian Community still doesn’t know who is the brain behind demonetisation but they supported the man who sold this idea, he is none other than Narendra Modi, the Prime Minister of India.
Overnight Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi killed 90% of nation’s currency and communicated to people “Give me your old currency and 50 days I will deliver a different country to you”. Would you buy a product or a service on a promise that it would change your life one day without getting to know how and when? Probably NO. A country where people go on strikes & protests for any small thing didn’t raise their voice. Not that they have faith in the ruling party to deliver a dream country but they have great amount of trust in the man called ‘Narendra Modi’. A man who has successfully gained trust of people by building his likeability continuously. Scheme of demonetization could have fallen flat if someone else from the ruling party was the face of it. It is the TRUST of people in Narendra Modi that has moved a nation.
While building top class products and services is essential its also important for individuals & companies to think how would they build their likeability and trust.
“Am I trying to win the business battle of 2017 with untrained troops?
This is a very pertinent question Business Owners and Stake Holders should ask themselves as they plan to enter in 2017. You may not deny to agree that market situation for your business is turning out to be like a war-zone where competition patrols and frequently fires from small arms, rocket propelled grenades and improvised bombs in terms of new strategies to acquire and retain customers.
You expect your Sales People to fight with market forces & carry out surgical strikes to uproot the competition. You literally send them everyday in competitive war zones where some of them struggle to survive by hit and trial and others come back almost dead. Isn’t your Sales Persons’ job anything less than a Soldier?
Irony on the other hand is:
Most of the sales people out there never really wanted to be Sales Persons. (Lack of Will)
Most of them never received any academic or professional training before they started their first sales job.(Lack of Skill)
Yet you hold them responsible for business growth and revenue multiplications.
If you think your Sales Reps are experienced then find an answer to “Why is it that soldiers, world-class athletes, musicians, artists and actors all train like crazy to perfect their craft?” Only a small percentage of business owners recognize that what their Sales Reps learned yesterday may not be sufficient for tomorrow. Its imperative for organisations to build an Emotionally Intelligent, cutting edge sales team to combat the challenges of 2017 in the digitised world of business.
Suren Saini has handled sales for more than 60,000 hours and trained over 10,000 sales professionals across the industries.
Educationists may soon have to redefine MBBS as ” Manage Business Baba Style”.
10 course guidelines of such MBBS :
- Spend few years in Himalayas, Jungles or any unknown Den to identify a spiritual or religious cause.
- Develop a skill around the cause to not only pull the crowd but also to engage and sustain them.
- Attention of media would purely depend on size and intensity of crowd.
- To get political support include a social cause in your agenda and motivate your people to work on it. (e.g. – Corruption, Cleanliness etc.)
- Create a fertile ground with Combination of Media, Politics & Crowd.
- Experience of Yoga, Meditation, Religion etc are good enough to create acclaimed world class products.
- Now launch a movie, start a range of FMCG, Cosmetics or whatever.
- Crowd or the network as you may call it would not only be your consumers but they would market your products with utmost zeal and enthusiasm.
- No need to create investor decks & pitches to raise funds. Biyanis and Waltons would start chasing and help you expand your business.
- Choose an outfit that signifies your persona as a Baba and also let your hair grow here and there.
Its not essential to study at IITs or IIMs, path to success, financial freedom & recognition is not only through education & experience.
Our Birth & Death as a human are accidents. What exists between these two choice-less accidents is called ‘Life‘. Life is a small journey between these two accidents, which is full of choices. We make millions of choices in this journey, that decides if our life will be an event of celebrations or it will be yet another accident. Choices made with greater degree of self-awareness would make life meaningful & purposeful.
Check if any of these is true for you :
- Complaining or Blaming people or situations for your non achievements
- Need to feel superior by letting down others
- Using abusive language
- Shouting on your spouse or kids
- Overweight or underweight without any significant disease
- Spitting or Throwing garbage anywhere but the trash
- Not flushing the toilet
- Speeding on the road
- Searching your phone while talking on it
All the above are smaller accidents happening in your everyday life. These are the basic symptoms of mere existence. Existence is not life but the ‘awareness of existence‘ is.
A cluttered mind working as a non-stop motor does not let you make right choices and limits scope of life to mere existence. Awareness about the very small stuff like the way you use your senses, the way you eat, the way you hear, the way you see, the way you perceive….will help you live a life that is more successful, meaningful, purposeful & less stressed.
Join us to experience the difference between Existing & Living
We as humans, being intelligent, learned and aware go on creating complexities for ourself. Despite having intelligence to judge the repercussions in many situations we act foolish, lazy, complacent and wait for a red card to be issued.
- Many of us would start exercising the next day our medical report comes out to be alarming. Knowing the fact that regular exercises can keep many ailments at bay.
- We would reduce or stop the consumption of unhealthy foods the moment we get to know that we are Diabetic positive.
We would wait for a havoc to be created to a level beyond tolerance and then start an action with a great confusion:
- We have in first place allowed pollution & global warming to reach a red level alert.
- We have allowed corruption to reach a level where it possibly cannot removed.
- We have allowed terrorism and crime to reach a level that we are not able to deal with it.
- We have destroyed the nature to an optimum level that its hard to restore it.
- We have let the historical monuments be dilapidated before we thought of restoring them.
- We have let the heaps of garbage accumulated around us to wait and let it choke everything.
- We have wasted huge amount of natural resources before we realise that our generations are going to starve.
In spite having capacity to estimate the consequences why do we wait for a RED CARD to be issued in most of the situations.
Shall we not “Fix it before we get Fixed”
Founder & Chief Consultant